Wednesday 2 November 2016

Bristol Zoo Drawing Trip

On the Monday of Worcester Week (31/10/16) a group of art students from various courses, although mainly illustration, took a trip to Bristol zoo in order to practice our life drawing skills. Animals are unpredicatable, fast-moving and often very challenging to draw with their many strange forms, habits and movements. For these reasons I was both looking forward to the trip but also a little unsure about how my drawing would go, having to be so fast paced and bold. There wouldn't be time to worry about proportion or accuracy, I would just have to trust my eyes.

The trip was a brilliant day. Any worries that I may have had soon disappeared once I started drawing and got into the swing of things. Like any activity it takes some time to warm up, but the trick I learned was just to keep going and pushing through any drawings that didn't go to plan, because I knew that if I made a large quantity of work, I would definitely have something worthwhile to pick out of it. I also prefer drawing faster and slightly more messily, so I found the exercise to suit me perfectly!










No comments:

Post a Comment