Saturday 18 February 2017

SEMESTER 2: Week 3 Homework

This homework was my favourite of all of the tasks we have been given so far. I found it fun having so much freedom with composition, medium and creating an atmosphere. I went to a local nature reserve near my house and there was an amazing sunset, which created some brilliant extremes of light and dark contrast. It also gave me the opportunity to experiment with both colour and monotone.

I think the drawings I made are all very different but each conveys a different atmosphere and different area of the location, which gives a nice range of outcomes. I particularly like the last drawing, as I think the rubber/charcoal technique lent itself really well to creating moody atmosphere through tone. Having said this, the colour drawing in oil pastel is also successful in my opinion, just in a different way. It captures the sense of light and beauty, and I enjoyed experimenting with the mark making here!





No comments:

Post a Comment